PLEASE NOTE: While your school may have a single camp coordinator it is your responsibility to plan your camp for your class.
1. Your first job in the organisation of your camp is to be aware of the expectations of this centre and its staff - go to - "Notes for Teachers
2. View Familiarisation Session
to understand the requirements of running a successful camping experience for you and your students.
3. Consider your sustainability focus by looking at the four options offered at our centre.
4. Once you have selected your sustainability focus use the following form to provide us with the information we need to plan your camp - "Plan Your Camp
". From the details provided on this form we will plan a draft program for your group and email it to you.
5. Follow the checklist below!
A ten week checklist of everything you will need to think about and complete in the run up to your camp. This list is specifically designed to ensure you and your class are appropriately prepared for your visit.
Ten Weeks to Go -
Check out camp costs (don't forget to book transport and calculate costs)
Explore meal options - (Bring your own food - menu suggestions / Food purchasing Service
Read "Cooking on Camp".
Send first letter to parents (camp details - dates, activities, approx. cost etc.).
Download a copy of our A3 colour poster for your room - Poster
Make sure you have the required amount of adult supervision.
Nine, Eight, Seven Weeks to Go -
Six, Five Weeks to Go -
Four Weeks to Go -
Three, Two Weeks to Go -
1. Focus on camp - the following needs to be looked at with your class. Here is a Camp Booklet Exemplar that may assist with this task.
• Code of Conduct
• School Behaviour Management Plan (summary)
• Behaviour Register Form
• What to Bring
• Timetable (emailed to you)
• Waste Management
• Safety in the kitchen (PDF 120KB)
2. Organize - Tent Groups (PDF 548KB) (4 to a tent) You can type in this PDF!
3. Organize Duty Groups and Roster (assign an adult for each meal).
4. Collect Consent Forms.
One Week to Go -
Send final numbers and menu choices.
We would prefer that each class stay together in the same group working with their teacher. Complete the Group List, one for each class (larger school groups will work in either Red or Blue Group as per your timetable), and email or fax to TEEC at least 2 working days before your arrival.
Make copies of Duty Groups, Duty Roster, Tent Groups and Timetable (to be displayed in kitchen).
Review with your class what to bring and what not to bring.
Camp Week - Bring with you!
- Alert List a summary of any medical and other conditions of which we should be aware (signed by your principal).
- Attach copies of any "Medical Management Plans" (Part C of consent Form).
- An Administration of Medication Form. Your school will probably have their own.
- All Consent forms.
- Know your exact numbers.
- First Aid kit for your trip.