As we resume camps and outdoor activities, Tinaroo EEC will be working to ensure the health and safety of all visitors to our School. TEEC will follow directions from Education QLD and will consider outdoor industry COVID-19 safe plans.
We have put in place the following additional measures to manage the risks involved in residential outdoor programs:
- Frequent hand washing protocols in place
- We work in class groups of students, and each group will have an individual program and will have limited contact with other groups during activities
- Increased distancing in the dining hall
- Increased cleaning for dormitory, dining hall, indoor meeting areas and bathrooms
- Frequent cleaning of 'high touch' areas, i.e. door handles, handrails, drinking water taps
- Increase availability of hand sanitiser
- Food will only be handled by our cooks and visiting adults, students will collect a meal, or a pre-wrapped roll
- Adjusted procedures for program activities to increase distancing and limit contact.
- Enhanced gear cleaning processes for outdoor equipment between camps
It is the responsibility of schools to ensure that all students that come on camp are well and display no signs of COVID-19.
Any visitor (student, teacher, teacher aid, parent) or TEEC staff member who is unwell and/or displays signs of COVID-19 will be isolated and arrangements made for them to return home.
The following public health rules will be reinforced, and role modelled:
- Physical distancing
- Regular hand washing
- Coughing etiquette
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of facilities and equipment