Step-by-step for teachers!!
1. Your first job in the organisation of your camp is to be aware of the expectations of this centre and its staff - go to - 'Notes for Teachers'.
2. View Familiarisation Session to understand the requirements of running a successful camping experience for you and your students.
3. Consider your sustainability focus by looking at the four options offered at our centre.
4. Once you have selected your sustainability focus use the following form to provide us with the information we need to plan your camp - "Plan Your Camp". From the details provided on this form we will plan a draft program for your group and email it to you.
5. Plan for your students with special needs.
6. Follow the checklist below!
This ten week checklist is everything you will need to think about and complete in the run up to your camp. This list is specifically designed to ensure you and your class are appropriately prepared for your visit.
Ten Weeks to Go
- Check out camp costs (don't forget to book transport and calculate costs)
- Send first letter to parents (camp details - dates, activities, approx. cost etc.)
- Download a copy of our A3 colour poster for your room - Poster
- Make sure you have the required amount of adult supervision.
- Barron River Campus - Fully catered meals for the duration of the camp.
- Black Gully Campus - Partial self catering (we supply everything)
- Please advise TEEC well ahead of time of any dietary requirements for members of your group.
- Please do not bring any additional food.
- Meal Times:
- Breakfast - 7:00am
- Lunch - 12 noon (or as appropriate)
- Dinner - 6:30pm
Nine, Eight, Seven Weeks to Go
- Complete "Excursion Planner" on OneSchool. Your school will need some documentation on Risk Management.
- Check out the Pre and Post Visit Activities that might help your students prepare for or follow up from your camp.
Six, Five Weeks to Go
1. Send a second letter to parents, including:
2. Send a separate letter home to the parents that will accompany you on camp.
Four Weeks to Go
- Organise your night time activities.
Three, Two Weeks to Go - FOCUS ON CAMP!!
- Organise duty groups and accommodation groups
- Black Gully Campus - Tents (4 per tent, no less than 3 unless by prior arrangement)
- Tent Groups (PDF, 548KB) (4 to a tent) You can type in this PDF!
- Organise Duty Groups and Roster (assign an adult for each meal)
- Barron River Campus - Dorms
- Activity Groups - We would prefer that each class stay together in the same group working with their teacher.
- Complete a Group List for each class group. There should be one list for each class/group (larger school groups will work in a Colour Group as per your timetable.
- Email these Group Lists to TEEC at least 2 weeks before your camp
- EQ schools can make things easier for themselves by using OneSchool
- ONESCHOOL>Homepage>Reports>Student Management>Lists>Dynamic Student List Report>Select Class/Yr level>Report Render Type> Excel> Generate Report>Open>Copy and Paste.
- Black Gully only
- Barron River only
For YOUR class:
Prepare your class by looking at the following with them:
- the Camp Booklet exemplar which is an ideal way to prepare your students for camp. It contains -
If you decide to use the booklet, you may choose to add the following -
A blank menu, a blank timetable, a blank duty groups sheet or a blank duty roster.
Seven Days to Go
- Send through your final numbers and adult alert list (doc 226MB)
- Send through your student alert list (doc 226MB) (one for each class [camp]group)
- Schools camped at "Barron River" need to send through your accommodation student lists (see above)
- Make copies of Accommodation Groups and Timetable (to be displayed in kitchen).
- Schools camped at "Black Gully" will also need their Duty Groups, Duty Roster printed for display.
- Review with your class what to bring and what not to bring.
Camp Week - Bring with you!
- Know your exact numbers.
- First Aid kit for your trip.
- A copy of:
- your final numbers and adult alert list (doc 226MB)
- your student alert list (doc 226MB) summary of any medical and other conditions of which we should be aware( signed by your Principal). Attach copies of any "Medical Management Plans" (Part C of consent Form).
- An Administration of Medication Form.
- All "Consent Forms". Please note that it is our school policy to keep these all in one central location onsite. This allows anyone who needs access to have it. If your school requires you to carry consent forms with you wherever you go on camp you will need to bring an extra set.