General information for parents
Tinaroo Environmental Education Centre is an Education Queensland Facility on the shores of Tinaroo Dam. Tinaroo Dam is on the Atherton Tablelands in Far North Queensland.
The Centre is staffed by teachers with many years of classroom experience. Your child's teacher has chosen to conduct their activities with us for a number of reasons.
- We are highly skilled teachers who are well and truly able to cope with a class sized group of students.
- They hope that your child will achieve some real learning outcomes during his/her stay.
- Our reputation for conducting activities in a very safe yet challenging environment.
- The equipment and facilities at this centre are of the highest quality.
- The activities conducted by this centre are designed specifically for class groups of school students.
You should also be aware that when students stay at our centre they are camping in tents. Mattresses are provided but they are thin and narrow and exactly what they should expect from a camping experience! Students are expected to assist with meal preparation, cleaning up, erecting tents etc.
Should you have any concerns, do not hesitate to contact your class teacher or one of the teachers here at TEEC on (07) 40959555 or by email.
Please have a look at our Student Code of Conduct. This will apply to all students whilst on camp.
If you have a child who has recently attended a program at Tinaroo EEC please take the opportunity to complete our survey for parents which you can find here.