- If you are considering a 'Learning beyond the Classroom' educational experience then Tinaroo Environmental Education Centre provides a range of activities in both Environmental and Outdoor Education.
- Programs provided by this centre have a genuine focus on assisting teachers achieve outcomes in:
- Sustainability (a cross curriculum priority)
- Personal and Social Well-Being (a general capability)
The Initial Expression of Interest Process
- Expressions of Interest are only accepted online via this website.
- Teachers must have their Principal's approval to submit an EOI
- Residential Camps: Year 6 and up need to plan for a minimum of 4 days on camp. This allows students to achieve greater personal and educational outcomes.
- Occasionally special circumstances will apply for a shorter camp. Schools should discuss this with the TEEC Principal.
- Successful applicants who have not visited this centre in the last two years will need to familiarise themselves with the facilities and curriculum offerings prior to their visit.
- TEEC's Booking Policy
Bookings for 2021
Tinaroo EEC operates over two campuses:
- Black Gully (Capacity of two class groups - 60)
- Barron River (Capacity of six class groups - 120)
Round 1: EOIs open (from this page) at the beginning of 3rd term. Open on Monday 13 July, 2020 and close on Friday 7 August, 2020. Offers to schools will be made in Week 5 (beginning 10 August).
Round 2: The EOI process will then remain open. Ongoing offers to schools will be made as required.
Please click on the link below or make enquiries through our Principal email.
Small Schools Camp
If you are a small school and interested in a transition camp for your Year 6s have a look here.
Leadership of an activity
We have some scope to assist schools with leadership of activities for classes of students who are not camped with us. Please use the link below to express an interest in teachers from this centre assisting you with activities. We may be able to arrange for accommodation elsewhere at Tinaroo. We would help by running a variety of activities for you.
For more information please contact the principal of the Tinaroo Environmental Education Centre.