Schools and teachers need to be reminded of the many applications received each year to utilize this centre.
It is inevitable that a number of schools miss out. The staff at this Centre have the unenviable job of advising schools that their application has been unsuccessful.
Within our allocation policy, we attempt to ensure equity of opportunity to all schools. When allocating places our policy guidelines take into account the following factors:
- large and small schools
- geographically isolated schools
- schools that applied and missed out the previous year
- schools with a preference for a 4 or 5 day camping experience
- teachers that are seeking a genuine educational experience for their students with a balance of outdoor and environmental learning objectives.
Confirmation of a booking
- Your school will be invoiced for a confirmation deposit of $20 - per booked student.
- If you bring 90% of your booked numbers TEEC will credit the full deposit against the final school invoice.
- If you bring less than 90% of your booked numbers TEEC will retain the full deposit for non-attendees. (eg: 100 booked – 88 attend = only 88 deposits are credited)
- Once your camp confirmation is submitted please assist by informing us of any notable changes to your camp numbers, as soon as possible.
- TEEC is classed as ‘another government agency’ and under State Purchasing Policy can be used without obtaining competitive quotes.
- Cancellation after this booking form has been returned will result in TEEC retaining your deposit.
- A booking that is cancelled with less than 8 weeks to go will incur a cancellation fee of 60% of the total anticipated charge (less deposit).
- Final numbers are required 1 week or 5 working/school days prior to camp.
- This final number of students and adults will be used to calculate your school's invoice.
- After your final numbers are confirmed, schools will be responsible for covering the cost of decreased numbers i.e. late withdrawals, and absences due to illness or exclusion. The invoice will also include the full charges for any students that go home early, for any reason.