Expectations of students
As a visitor to TEEC you have the following rights:
- to have fun
- to feel safe
- to be respected
- to learn and be challenged
- to enjoy a safe, clean and friendly environment.
As a visitor to the TEEC you are to behave:
- to consider the safety of yourself and others
- to listen to and follow the rules and procedures of the Centre
- to listen to and follow directions by teachers and other supervising adults
- to take responsibility for your actions
- to take responsibility for the gear and equipment you use
- to act responsibly about eating and caring for your health - eg. sun protection, cleanliness, appropriate clothing and footwear.
- to be responsible - you are representing your family and school.
- to show respect for other students, their ideas, opinions and their property
- to demonstrate self-control when required
- to work equally hard for yourself and your group to ensure a happy and successful camp
- to encourage and support others
- to respect the decision of the majority of the group
- to cooperate with and show respect for, your teacher, accompanying adults, centre staff, and your fellow students
- to create situations that help make the camp a pleasant one.
- to show respect for the Centre's property
- to show respect for the local environment
A serious breach of this code of conduct will result in the following procedure:
First offence: warning and time out (cooling off period).
Second offence: excluded from activity.
Third offence: after consultation with teacher, centre staff and school principal if in their opinion the child's behaviour is no longer acceptable, they will be sent home, i.e.: either returned to school or parents asked to collect their child.
* Any additional expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the parents