Two roles as indicated below must be determined where a recovery from the water may be necessary.
Emergency signal given (eg. whistle).
- Remove victim from danger.
- Assess state of patient.
- Provide First Aid Basic Life support as required
- Continue until medical help arrives or until the emergency has passed
- Clear water and take control of students
- Indicate assembly area.
- Assess if ambulance or other aid is required and summon help.
- Ensure that the principal is advised as soon as possible.
- Instruct an adult or senior student to meet and direct ambulance to location (if summoned).
- Ensure supervision of students at assembly area
- Assist Person A until medical help arrives or emergency is passed