With your teacher you will need to organise:
- Duty groups
- to prepare meals and clean up afterwards.
- an adult should be rostered on, to monitor your progress.
- this group could be in charge of deciding what we will eat for the meal. How much food will we need?
- Tent groups - four to a tent
- A buddy -someone who is going to check you are there, when necessary.
You may like to give each member of your group a role:
1. Make your group laugh
- Pass funny remarks without being cheeky
- Be silly and funny
2. Ask your group members opinions
- "How do you feel today?"
- "What did you feel about ......"
- "Did you have fun?"
3. Point out the positives
- Tell them how fun it is going to be
- Tell them they're lucky to be there
- Influence your good points onto them
4. Encourage your group members
- Say nice things
- Pat them on the back
- Cheer them on
5. Compliment your group members
- Well Done!
- Good on ya!
6. Congratulate your group members
- Next time....
7. Give your group members feedback
- How well they did an activity
- "You should have seen........."
- "I liked it when..........."