The Tinaroo Environmental Education Centre (TEEC) has been providing high quality educational programs for students across North Queensland since 1987. Our original site is now known as the "Tinaroo Environmental Education Centre – Black Gully Campus". It has always been run by the Queensland Department of Education (EQ) and staffed by experienced EQ teachers.
In 2017, TEEC took over the management of what has been known over the years as:
- The Tinaroo National Fitness Camp
- The Tinaroo Recreation Centre
- Lake Tinaroo Active Recreation Centre
- Lake Tinaroo Apex Camp
This site is now known as the "Tinaroo Environmental Education Centre – Barron River Campus".
These two centres now operate as one organisation (school) across two campuses.
Both campuses offer a wide variety of outdoor and environmental camps and activities.
"TEEC - Black Gully" offers:
- Tent Accommodation for up to 2 class groups
- A food purchasing service where groups of students prepare meals using a set menu and recipes
- A wide variety of outdoor and environmental activity options.
"TEEC - Barron River" offers:
- Dormitory Accommodation for up to 6 class groups
- Fully Catered meals
- A wide variety of outdoor and environmental activity options